Accurate targeting or offline conversions measurement cannot be had unless you have a world-class places database. Factual’s proprietary Global Places data provides the context needed to turn lat/long coordinates into meaningful place visit data.
Factual Global Places data includes ~100 million businesses and points of interest (POI) globally, and is updated in real-time from millions of data sources––ensuring fresh, inclusive, and accurate coverage of the world’s brick-and-mortar businesses and local, regional, and national landmarks.
Our data is trusted and licensed by companies including Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Snapchat, American Express, JPMC and more.
Factual sources it’s place data from millions of resources across the web, trusted partners, government sources, and user contributions. Our entire Global Places dataset is created from over two billion references to businesses, landmarks, and POI across over 5 million unique sources.
The Factual Data Stack distills these billions of points into our canonical dataset. It is roughly a five-step process:
1. Aggregation: The data is collected by, or provided to, Factual in both batch and real-time, and stored in its original raw format. We are constantly adding new data sources, and always retain the raw data so we can extract additional data later with improved rules and learnings.
2. Extraction, Cleaning & Validation: Core attributes are extracted using an engine containing over ten thousand curated rules, applied per-attribute-per-country, to transform messy raw data into structured normalized data.
3. Resolving: Factual’s Resolve Engine takes the billions of cleaned and validated input records and identifies inputs that represent the same place, collating the records into optimal clusters; each cluster forms the basis of our 100 million place entities.
4. Summarizing & Materializing: The process of summarization determines the most factually correct value for each attribute of a place, derived from a set of clustered inputs. Truth is determined by assigning an attribute specific trust weighting to each of our data sources. These trust weightings are continuously updated through heuristics and Machine Learning as we learn more about our data sources. Summarized data is then materialized as a data release, and made available via download.
5. Quality Assurance: Our internal data quality metrics measure data quality across 22 key metrics, which measure both the accuracy and comprehensiveness of our data.
OUR PLACES DATA IS UPDATED CONTINUOUSLY
Businesses open and close frequently. Factual's Global Places data is updated in real-time, from millions of data sources, ensuring fresh, inclusive, and accurate coverage of the world’s brick-and-mortar businesses and local, regional, and national landmarks.
OUR PLACES DATA IS MORE THAN A POINT ON A MAP
Factual provides all categorical information, hours of operation, star ratings, demographics about the people who visited, and nearby events.